LACE FRONTAL TIPS + TRICKS!
Our lace frontals are customised to a bare minimal. We discourage the excessive bleaching of knots as this will inevitably affect the longevity of lace and will encourage balding/shedding. We strongly believe that no two people's hair lines are exactly identical meaning it would be almost impossible to create a customised frontal to fit all. Factors such as hairline measurements, widows peak's and baby hairs all need to be considered whilst customising any type of frontal.
CARING FOR YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
CURLY HAIR TIPS
Generally, curly hair is prone to being dry, which is the reason why a good shampoo, conditioner, mask or serum should be within arms reach weekly.
It's so important to replenish moisture into your curls. Some ways you can do that is by using conditioner every time you wash your hair, as well as performing routine deep conditioning and oil treatments.
The key is to use products specifically made for curly hair, which are also sulfate and alcohol free. You would want to stay away from such ingredients that really dry out your raw hair extensions
Once your hair has been washed and cleaned, gently towel dry your extensions scrunch your bundles to encourage the original curl pattern to re-form. Be sure to be gentle whilst squeezing the excess water out to avoid your extensions becoming frizzy.
Whilst some people may prefer to straighten out their curls, we do not encourage the excessive exercise of using hot tools against curly hair. This will surely start to affect the original curl pattern of your hair (be it extensions, or natural hair)! We also do not encourage strong colour bleaching to curly hair as this will have a weakening effect on its curl pattern.
Lastly, always remember to use a wide tooth comb or denman brush whilst combing through your curly hair. Remember that wet hair is more prone to breakage, so be super patient and gentle if you're combing it wet.
- Use minimal amounts of serum to keep your hair moisturized and frizz free
- Ensure your hair is shampooed and conditioned AT LEAST twice every three weeks.
- When combing through the hair, use a wide toothed comb, starting from the bottom working your way up. This ensures minimal shedding and detangles the hair appropriately
- When working WITH heat, ensure heat defense serums/ sprays are used
- Air drying is an important step with all hair extensions as not only does it avoid unnecessary heat damage, but also leaves your hair feeling soft and silky. a good leave in conditioner such as curl activating creams or a light serum would be great to apply whist your extensions are still damp. If you're pressed for time, then use a diffuser to dry your hair.
- Sleep with hair nets or silky head scarfs at night to prolong longevity