Our lace frontals and closures are pre-plucked to allow a more natural and hassle free installation. We discourage the excessive bleaching of knots as this will inevitably affect the longevity of lace and will encourage balding/shedding.
TAPE-IN'S, CLIP-IN'S, I-TIP'S + MICROLINKS
In regards to hair care for these items, all our hairs are raw and can be treated just as you would our bundles and most importantly can be reused over time! Your stylist would be able to advise how long you can keep each product in during consultation/ installation depending on your hair type.
CARING FOR YOUR CURLY EXTENSIONS
Generally, curly hair is prone to being dry, which is the reason why a good shampoo, conditioner, mask or serum should be within arms reach weekly. It's so important to replenish moisture into your curls. Some ways you can do that is by using conditioner every time you wash your hair, as well as performing routine deep conditioning and oil treatments.
The key is to use products specifically made for curly hair, which are also sulfate and alcohol free. You would want to stay away from such ingredients that really dry out your raw hair extensions. Once your hair has been washed and cleaned, gently towel dry your extensions scrunch your bundles to encourage the original curl pattern to re-form. Be sure to be gentle whilst squeezing the excess water out to avoid your extensions becoming frizzy.
Whilst some people may prefer to straighten out their curls, we do not encourage the excessive exercise of using hot tools against curly hair. This will surely start to affect the original curl pattern of your hair (be it extensions, or natural hair)! We also do not encourage strong colour bleaching to curly hair as this will have a weakening effect on its curl pattern.
Lastly, always remember to use a wide tooth comb for straight and wavy textures or Denman brush whilst combing through your curly hair. Remember that wet hair is more prone to breakage, so be super patient and gentle if you're combing it wet.
STANDARD HAIR CARE TIPS
- Use minimal amounts of serum to keep your hair moisturised and frizz free
- Ensure your hair is shampooed & conditioned at least once every three weeks
- When combing through the hair, use a wide toothed comb, starting from the bottom working your way up. This ensures minimal shedding and detangles the hair appropriately
- When working with heat, ensure heat defence serums/ sprays are used
- Air drying is an important step with all hair extensions as not only does it avoid unnecessary heat damage, but also leaves your hair feeling soft and silky
- Sleep with hair nets or silky head scarfs at night to prolong longevity